La Brun the Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2020
La Brune The Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2020
Aromas of fresh ripe figs, gooseberries and green grass. It's mineral and has a great mouthfeel. Figs, gooseberries, asparagus and a dry, crisp finish.
Seafood, chicken sauté, salads and more.
Country of origin/production area
south africa elgin
*Depending on the stock situation, the vintage of the wine to be shipped may differ from the description. If you are interested in vintage, please contact us before ordering.
In 2011, a relatively new boutique winery, La Brune, was established in the cool Elgin district, an inland basin surrounded by mountains, about 70km from Cape Town. Owner and vintner Nico Grobler spent many years in Côte Chalonix, Burgundy, France, working with noted vintners Dr. Alain Deloire and Bruno Lorenzon before making Pinot Noir in Elgin, South Africa. , started making wine, mainly Chardonnay. La Brune's philosophy is to express the characteristics of the land to the maximum in grape cultivation and wine making. Based on traditional Burgundy wine making, by knowing the characteristics of the Elgin fields, we not only produce wines with Elgin characteristics, but also succeed in producing Chardonnay in the fields with the highest altitude in South Africa. As for Pinot Noir, five seeds have allowed us to grow 10,000 vines per hectare (the average in South Africa is 3,300 per hectare). With meticulous vine cultivation and winemaking, the Elgin terroir is a collection of wines that allow you to taste the power of nature hidden deep inside.
●Cap: Cork ●Cultivation/soil: Ferricrete conglomerate, Bockefeld shale soil. Grape vine age 10 years. In two fields at an altitude of 280m, 50% is cultivated with a trellis system and 50% with a bush vine that stands the tree as it is on the ground.
●Manufacturing: Grapes are grown in two fields, harvested separately and manufactured. 95% of the grapes have 4 hours of skin contact before pressing. The remaining 5% is fermented with the skins and then pressed. After that, it is naturally fermented. Spontaneous fermentation allows the production of wines with typical Elgin Valley character. After fermentation, lees aging for 4 months, blending 2 types of wine and bottling. Further aging for 6 months creates a beautiful texture and mouthfeel.
●Production volume: 9000 bottles ●Aging potential: 2-4 years
#South African wine
drinking is not allowed before 20. Drunk driving is prohibited by law.
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy and lactation may adversely affect the development of the fetus/infant.